Friday, April 19, 2013

Episode 34 - Why don't I wear this sweater?

We usually open our episodes talking about what we are wearing. What generally follows, is sharing why we are happy with our projects. This week I talk about a sweater I knit that I just don't wear. I love the yarn and in my mind I love the sweater, but for some unknown reason, I don't wear this sweater. If I don't wear it, I need to figure out a way to repurpose the yarn, or find someone who loves the sweater. But, did I mention I love the yarn? Sigh. And why do I always want to unravel the seamed sweaters? Sigh. Again.

Regular segments include:

What are we wearing?
Cable Trimmed Jacket with Hood by Lisa Myers
Boxy by Joji Locatelli
Gayle's Boxy

What are we stalking?
February Fitted Pullover by Amy Herzog
Hourglass Sweater by Joelle Hoverson
Estelle by Linden Down
Colors of Kauai by Hanna Maciejewska
Ruisseaux by Hanna Maciejewska
Yogini Bolero by Wendy Bernard

What are we knitting?
Dinner in the Eiffel Tower by Jessie Dodington
Walpole by Hannah Fettig
Daybreak shawl by Stephen West
Gilet Valèrie by Carole Francone
Sola by Julia Trice

What have we finished?
Entangled Vines by Alana Dakos
Sharlene's Entangled Vines
Autumn's End by Alana Dakos
Gayle's Autumn's End

Oops! I mistakenly refer to Dream in Color Classy yarn as Dream in Classy.

Discussion on closures we have used includes toggles w/ knit or crocheted loops; buttons; zippers; hooks & eyes; clasps/frogs; snaps; shawl pins or removable clips; belts; and ties. Did we forget anything? Probably! Join the discussion over on Ravelry and let us know.

We also review the Devin Wristlet from Namaste Inc., which I will write about in a separate post.

- Sharlene

No comments:

Post a Comment